Agenda | November 16, 2023 @ 8:30 am
El Centro City Council Chambers | 1275 Main Street, El Centro, CA 92243
Clerk / Analyst
November 16, 2023
Attend via Zoom: https://zoom.us/join
Meeting ID: 854 8464 0704 Passcode: 894887
Dial by Phone: 1 (669-900-6833)
Meeting ID:854 8464 0704 Passcode: 894887
El Centro City Council Chambers – 1275 Main Street, El Centro, CA
This meeting will be conducted both as a meeting in the El Centro Council Chambers and as a teleconference pursuant to the provisions of the Governor’s Executive Orders N-25-20 and N-29-20, which suspended certain requirements of the Ralph M. Brown Act. Members of the public will be limited based on the max capacity of the room to accommodate “social distance” seating. The Public unless having an item on the agenda is encouraged to attend telephonically.
Participation by Commissioners and staff will in part be at the City of El Centro Council Chambers and may also be accessed from remote locations. Public access and participation will be limited and controlled and may only be available telephonically if the capacity of the room is met. Entrance to the Council chamber will be first come and cease when max limit is reached.
All supporting documentation is available for public review on our webpage www.iclafco.com/hearings
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA)
All supporting documentation is available for public review in the Imperial County Local Agency Formation Commission office located at 1122 State Street, Suite D, El Centro CA 92243.
1. Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Consent Items:
4. Public Comments:
This is the time for the public to address the Commission on items within the jurisdiction of LAFCO but not on the agenda. Members of the public may comment on items that are on the agenda when the Board is addressing that item. Speaking time is limited to three (3) minutes. The Commission is prohibited from discussing or acting on any item not appearing on the agenda.
EXECUTIVE SESSION ITEM(S)
5. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation (Gov. Code § 54956.9) Name of Case: City of El Centro v. Imperial LAFCO case #ECU002984
6. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation (Gov. Code § 54956.9(d)(2).): (1 matter).
7A. Announcements by the Commissioners.
i. CALAFCO Annual Conference
7B. Announcements by the Executive Officer.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEM(S)
9. [9:30] a.m. Public Hearing and related action to consider the adoption of a Negative Declaration of Environmental Impacts (ND), to consider and adopt a fiscal impact study to determine a proposed county wide tax amount, and the approval/denial for the expansion of the Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District (PMHD) to expand its current boundary to cover the entire County of Imperial, or a substantial portion thereof, to include, concurrent therewith, the dissolution of the Heffernan Memorial Healthcare District. Also, to include directions to the Board of Supervisors to schedule during the next regular election a measure to add a tax to all parcels of land within the County that are allowed to be taxed.
10. Discussion/Action/Direction regarding an update on Assembly Bill 918.
12. Discussion/Action/Adoption of the Guide to the Policies, Standards, and Procedures to Implement the Cortese-Knox-Hertzberg Local Government Reorganization Act of 2000.